Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Stupid people

One of them is my FYP (final year project) supervisor. Today we had a meeting with him. The first thing he said to us was: '' I think your report is way below standards, but there's nothing I can do about it''. Well, if you didn't confuse the heck out of us, we wouldn't be int his predicament in the first place! And the sad thing is... our FYP has a ''teacher on student evaluation'', but no ''student on teacher'' evaluation. WTF. There's not even a peer assessment!!! The world is really unfair man. We were doing a fine job in the beginning. But it was his idea to change what we wanted to do. Then he also suggested changing our project 2 entirely. That means that project 1, which we were doing for 6 months, is basically void! And now our ''FYP'' just feels like 6 months work! He confuses us so much and then he expects so much from us. Sometimes he even forgets what he said. We call him ''old fag''. I think this stupid old man should just go retire. Leave the students the fuck alone..

Another person is my groupmate for ''Steel Desing and Detailing'', SDD. She has done basically nothing for this module. For our peer assessment, I only gave her 15%. I just hope she doesn't have to stay back one more semester to repeat this module. The rest of my group really put in a lot of effort. Like when we did our model, we spent 8 hours together on a Saturday to do it and I spent another 8 hours or so finishing it on Sunday. What's her excuse for not coming to do it? On Sat she has to work and on Sun she has her Chingay parade rehearsal. WTF.In the past, we used to give her alternatives on whether she can do stuff or not, but we've become so numb to her that we just gave up on asking her. My groupmate, also working part-time, asked why she can't take off. I wonder too. She may need the money, but come on la, use ur brain. For 2 1/2 semesters you've experienced ''project rush'', you don't know how to plan your schedule so that during the last few weeks of school you don't work? Now you've pissed your groupmates off and you've learnt nothing. It's her loss, not mine, cos I learnt something and bonded with my groupmate. As a friend, I'm worried that she wil continue like this when she goes into the working world. I just hope she learns... soon.

Only 1 1/2 weeks of actual lessons. Then 2 more weeks of exam (I only have 2), after which I AM DONE! I'm a lil sad about it, but I guess its just time to move into the next phase in life. Girls, I will miss spending time together like we do now. Even if we meet up after graduation, it'll never be the same. But it's alright, we just gotta keep moving forward...

K.T.

No comments: