Monday, January 7, 2008

Concert Weekend

On Saturday, Jan 5, I went to NP band's concert at Singapore Conference Hall. Was supposed to meet Johan at 6 at Tanjong Pagar MRT. I was playing Sims before that and got caught up, so I requested 6.30+. In the end, I reached Tanjong Pagar at close to 7. I magically found my way to the Conference Hall on my own, and was there waiting for him at 7. He came at 7.30. Haha... first time I've met him in months and he's late! But its alrgiht cos we went in just on time. :) The concert was pretty good and I enjoyed the Pirates piece! Loved the part where they sang! See, Band members can sing just as well as choir members! Met Brian, Greg and Sarah (first time in about 5+ months!). Even though Brian and Greg are in the same school, we almost never bump into each other!



Above: Me, Johan, Brian, Sarah and Greg

Then on Sunday, Jan 6, I went for SP band's concert at Victoria Concert Hall. This time, Brian was late. And the ticket people were pretty slow on the giving out part, so we missed 1 1/2 songs. :( But once we got in, it was rather enjoyable. Certainly a more up-tempo concert. We got to meet Johan during the intermission and took some pics. Then they played a few more pieces, heard a very commendable solo from Johan, and the concert ended with a very nice goodbye to the year 3's. Then Jie Ying and I walked over to Esplanade, I bought a Ratatouille poster and went home. Caught the 502 bus just as it pulled in, then caught the 185 bus later just as it pulled in too!


I had some time while waiting for Brian and Jie Ying, so I went for a little Sight-seeing!


Above: Me, Johan, Brian, Jie Ying and Sarah

Great weekend!

K.T.

No comments: