Monday, April 14, 2008

The Funnest Week!

I went Sentosa on Thursday! Boy, was that day fun. It really goes to show that you can have fun in Singapore... If ya got money! F.Y.I. My mum's wallet took a serious blow this week... Lucky for that $250 she won in 4D mid week! :)

I hadn't woken up this early in weeks. On Thursday, I had to wake up at 7.30. We (me, mum and my uncle) left the house close to 9 and took a cab to Vivo. Had breakfast, then took the ''train'' to Sentosa. First stop of the day: The Luge! Its fun man. We took the package deal, $18 for 3 rides. We had to take this lift to the starting point, which gives you a pretty cool view of Sentosa. It won't be fun if you're afraid of heights of course. Our legs were dangling at about 8 storeys in the air! The ride down on the Luge was super fun. They take a picture of you and somehow, you'll be smiling! :)




Then it was off to the museum for a history of Singapore. The tour was alright, but I got freaked out by the was figures. They were scarily ugly and they can be still one second and move the next. Part of the interactive exhibit I guess...



After that, it was back to Vivo for a lil walking around, shopping and a movie at GV Max: Street Kings. I was a lil tired by then so I fell asleep in the middle...

It was raining by the time the movie ended, so we hung out, shopped some more and later took a cab to... The Singapore Flyer! Taxi drivers get to go for free and their family members, moi, get 25% off! We had Popeyes (I love Popeyes) before getting on for the 30 minute ride with a panoramic view of Singapore's Marina Bay.





Phew! It was close to 11 by the time the activities ended, but not before we took a tour of Singapore's... red light district! Geylang is pretty interesting at night... We saw a lot of different kinds of men and women and I just couldn't help but be sad when I think of what the girls have to do inside those private houses. Especially since all the men that go to those places... Urgh.
It was close to midnight by the time we stumbled back home. Watched American Idol then went to bed.

The next day, me, my sis, my uncle, his friend and mum cooked dinner! Our guests were my sis' bf, my cousin and his gf and another cousin and his wife. We slaved the afternoon away but everyone enjoyed the dinner. I even made pineapple-orange sorbet! Nothing beats good food, good company and good stories!



The ending of my funnest week was with tears and a mad dash to The Esplanade! I sent my uncle off to a teary goodbye on Sunday, followed by rushing to buy Popeyes, then driving against the speed limit to send my sister off to a show 'We Will Rock You' at The Esplanade. She was late, so when we dropped her off, she took off her shoe and ran in! Haha... people were staring at her... She was still late, but they let her and her bf in 5 min later.

So that's the end of a fun week. Now I'm seriously trying to find a job! Hee... :)

No comments: