Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Gwen Stefani rocks!

First off, i'd just like to let ya'll know that i know that the description under ''MY INTERPRETATION'' is a little hard to read cos it's in red, so just highlight it and you should be able to read it fine...
In the middle of studying for exams now... I really hope i do fine!

So i just got back from Gwen Stefani's concert and now i find her more cool than i used to! I wen with my mum and sister. She was thoroughly entertaning and her energy level was excellent for a 30-something and a mum of 1! The concert started out with 2 spotlights, then suddenly 2 of her dancers started to run from the back, stopping at verious intervals to do some poses. 1 of the dancers came very close to me! She was a few metres away when she stopped to hop onto the banister, all the while doing the ''cute/innocent'' thing that japenese girls do often. Then she came towards me, walked directly past me, and sat 3 seats behind me! I was in the spotlight for awhile... hee... Then she went towards the back, was caught by the ''police officer'' (1 of the dancers), brought to the stage where it went dark again before the lights came on and Gwen started with ''The Sweet Escape''. There were a couple of cool songs in between that i hadn't heard before. The 2 black guys from the No Doubt days were there to! My sis and I were hoping that she would do some No Doubt songs, but she didn't. The coolest part was when she sang one of my favourite songs of hers, Cool, and she went into the audience! She was running up and down the length of the indoor stadium and the security guard had a challege to keep up with her! Even after all her success, she was really humble. When i watched Christina Aguilera, she could have come off a little proud, but not Gwen! Gwen said 2 or 3 times that she felt it was so surreal that a girl from Anaheim, California could write some songs and then have us listen to it and that she was happy that all of us came to see her! The concert ended with ''What You Waiting For'', not before she got all of us to stand up, which is not something Singaporeans do very often. Then the band and her took a bow and left the stage. She's AWESOME! Now I wanna see if there are any cool L.A.M.B stuff that i can afford! haha...

So here are some pictures...

My sis and I. We can never take a decent picture together...

My cousin Jessica was there too. She's with Sherie within the red circle!

One of the Harajuku girls warming the crowd up!





My ''souvenirs'': 2 T-shirts and 3 ticket stubs! I bought the black one and my sis bought the white one. Cool drawing huh?

K.T.

No comments: