Tuesday, June 3, 2008

O.J.T.

On The Job Training. At Singapore Zoo. 8 am to 5 pm. Walk and sweat until you wanna die.

About 6-7 hours per day, I am walking. Walking up and down slopes, on the tracks, off the tracks, on mud, etc. Luckily so far its been partially cloudy days, so its not too bad, but I get real thirsty! Plus its the school holidays, so there are lotsa stupid misbehaved young kids running around with their stupider parents who don't care about anyone else but their brats. Haha... But, there are those rare precious lil kids who are so cute.

The animals are fantastic. I like the Giraffes, polar bears and otters the best so far. Man, I can't imagine having those big red butts! I made ''friends'' with the meerkats too. Ya, I see lotsa animals. Cos I'm working in the zoo.

And I have to work 7 days this week. All the way until Sunday. Then they'll decide if they wanna keep me or not. And I have to learn 15 scripts. Good luck to me huh?

My job, if I get it, is basically commentary on the animals when they're having their token feeding time. I carry around a bag of mics, I go to specified locations on time, coordinate with the animal keepers, then talk about the animals, the main goal being to educate the public about them and to promote conservation.

My legs are aching and I'm seriously tired. I have to go memorize some scripts now...

Take care ya'll!

P.S. I got my name tag today! :)

No comments: