Sunday, June 1, 2008

Graduation Day!

After 3 short years and a rather low-key ceremony, I am finally graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic!

Got to school around 11.50 and went to our assigned lecture theatre. Saw all my school mates there in their graduation gowns! We all looked a lil funny in my opinion. I looked extra poofy! L So chatted with the girls, took some pictures, then it was time to get into position and wait to go to the convention centre. Man, did they make us climb stairs in there! Luckily I opted to wear my shorter heels, or else my feet would’ve died that day! Once we were in and seated, they showed us the usual ‘’recap’’ videos and there was a few speeches too. Then, it was time for us to go get our certificates.

More climbing of stairs up and down, then before I knew it, I was at the stage trying not to fall as I went to receive that piece of paper I worked 3 years for. After that, went back to my seat, then watched the others get their certificates.

The valedictorians of each school had to stand on stage while there was a short speech about them. Man, their accomplishments just go on and on! Our valedictorian had a GPA of 3.94!!! Crazy dude…

Then it was over! We hung out around the convention centre entrance and took a couple pictures with each other. My Vietnamese friend tried to give me a kiss while we were taking a picture… luckily that didn’t happen! Oh, Shereen went to get a birthday cake for me! Thanks Shereen! I blew it out in a funny place though, right in front of everyone who bothered to see! We headed over to canteen 1 after that to cut the cake and eat it. Kal got me this real nice birthday present which was a big photo album filled with memorable pictures we took over the years. Thanks Kal!

4 of 6 of us (me, Kal, En and Cai Ling) went to Orchard later for our post-graduation celebration. We expected Shereen to not join us, but then Jojo didn’t join us either! We suspected she was either lazy or decided to spend time with that friend of hers. Ya, she went through 3 years and did all those projects with you… :(

ANYWAY, we decided not to let them bother us, and had a pleasant lunch and then watched Prince Caspian! Again (for me)! Ben Barnes is still so cute! And I still found the movie to be a bit long. After it ended, the theatre hastily stood up and rushed for the toilet! Of course, there was a line at the Ladies, so we went to the toilet on another level. There was a queue there too. If they just need to pee, why do they take so long??? Haha…

We felt like walking around Orchard, but didn’t feel like buying anything, so we just decided to go home. Doesn’t matter that the day wasn’t terribly exciting, I was just happy that I got to spend time with my closest friends on the last day that I was a Ngee Ann Student!



Ok, about my job… I start my 7 days on-the-job-training on Monday. I’m training to be an Animal Presenter (those people you see during feeding time and shows) which means I’ll have to memorize scripts and speak to a whole bunch of people. I auditioned with 4 other people, and I’m not sure if any of them got the call back. Anyway, we’re the highest paid there, starting with $8 an hour. I’ll be a part time staff, working about 4 times a week. Besides presenting the animals, we also have to care for them, which means feeding them, cleaning up after them, etc. I’m not assigned to any animal yet and I’m not even sure if it’s a one-animal kinda thing or I just hop to wherever they need me. So, more updates for sure when I know exactly what I’m doing!

No comments: