Monday, April 12, 2010

Thinking + movies = movies that make you think

Well, what do ya know... Just a day or 2 after I posted the last post, I casually asked my mum if she'd allow me to go overseas by myself. Almost immediately, she said no! I mean... wth. I think I am pretty responsible for someone my age and can somewhat take care of myself and most people who know me would agree! Mum said that she trusts me but I just lack experience in travelling so she won't allow me to go. Well, how am I supposed to get the experience then? Sigh... I'm sure someday I'd understand how she feels when I'm a parent myself, but for now its just agonizing feelings, confusion and distrust that I'll have to keep my mind busy...

Work is going grreat... Really bonding with my colleagues so now it doesn't really feel like going to work. Like going to meet my friends! And it helps that I literally spend the whole day playing games! Currently learning Blackjack so its a whole day of counting numbers over and over... Nice to play and win/lose fake money!

Even tho I'm working now, I still can't give up my movies! And so mum and I have taken to watching movies before my work starts. I start around 3.30pm so plenty of time to catch a show before that. Recently, I was dissappointed with Clash of the Titans. The trailer was so promising but the show was... confusing. Like it couldn't decide which genre it wanted to be in... 3d spectacular? Comedy? Fantastic remake? Greek mythology references galore? Like, really similar to the characters in Percy Jackson? Haha... sorry, I know the original movie was eons ago but Percy Jackson did come out before this new one.

2 shows talked about the same thing... Forgiveness. Remember Me and A Single Man were 2 very different stories but they were all about forgiving and moving on before its too late. They show how your emotion can overrule every logical bone in your body and keep you in a prison of self-loathing and dicontentment. Its so true... cos we have such a short time on earth, if you don't let go of things, you'll just be stuck and never move on. Out of the 2, I prefer Remember me... not cos of Robert (I felt I was watching Edward Cullen for awhile) but cos the story was well written. And it was about a 22 year old which I find fiction and movies don't really talk too much about that age!

In a spending spree since I got my pay... wasn't much to spend but to go from having almost $0 to 4 digits is sooooo satisfying! :)

No comments: